Current stone structure was built in 1616 - 1649. Partially burned in 1660 and repaired in 1707. Expanded and reinforced under the supervision of Fr. Jose de Puertollano in 1711 - 1734. And repaired once again in 1839, 1842 and 1848 due to damages by typhoons. Became an American outpost during the Philippine-American war and repaired in 1912.
© Photo by: EPPGarcia (2002)